- This event has passed.
First International Congress for plant protection in Mediterranean Ecosystems
July 16 @ 8:00 - July 20 @ 17:00
The first International Congress for plant protection in Mediterranean Ecosystems will be organized in July 2018 in Montpellier from 16th to 20th.
The focus of the Congress
Research developed around the Mediterranean basin cannot disregard the complexity of the processes involved by global changes, especially in relation to climate and anthropic activities. They can no longer be confined to agronomic approaches, and must contemplate more systemic framework (www.milleniumassessment.org). Given the diversity of the Mediterranean eco-anthroposystems and the diversity of weakening mechanisms imposed on them, Mediterranean countries are exceptionally suited for developing these research approaches.
The main topics
To give relevant answers to the questions about the impact of the invasive and harmful organisms on the Mediterranean eco anthroposystems, the 1st congress ICPPMA will include the following sessions:
* Food webs in Mediterranean Agroecosystems
* Epidemiological surveys in Mediterranean Plant protection
* Role and functioning of phytosanitary agencies in the context of new emerging pests
* IPM: agroecological structures and “biocontrôle” in in Mediterranean Agroecosystems
* NTIC in plant protection in the Mediterranean
* Regulations in plant protection in the Mediterranean
The official link is http://icppma.com/