Summer School – Xylella fastidiosa: Detection, epidemiology and control measures
September 10 @ 8:00 - October 17 @ 17:00
From 10 September to 12 October 2018, the CURE-XF project is organising its 1st International Summer School on: “Xylella fastidiosa – detection, epidemiology and control measures”. The Summer School is divided in 4 sessions and will take place mainly at CIHEAM Bari premises, in the region of Apulia, Italy. The School is free of charge.
The Summer School is jointly organised by CIHEAM Bari (Italy), CNR-IPSP (Italy), CRSFA (Italy), UNIBA (Italy) in collaboration with XF-ACTORS and POnTE projects.
The 1st International CURE-XF Summer School objectives are to:
– Provide basic scientific knowledge and practical experiences on different aspects underlining the complex pathogen-hosts-vectors interactions;
– Promote research capacity building in Third Countries;
– Raise awareness on the emerging threats posed by Xylella fastidiosa;
– Support pest risk assessment.
Click here to read the flyer of the Summer School: Cure-XF Summer School 2018_Flyer
The programme will be developed in four sessions:
Session 1: 10 – 21 September 2018
Biology, genetics and pathogen-host-interaction & #MedForum2018
Session 2: 24 – 28 September 2018
Diagnosis and strain characterization
Session 3: 1 – 5 October 2018
Control, containment and management measures
Session 4: 8 – 12 October 2018
Socio-economic impacts and requirements of the EU phytosanitary legislation
The official hashtag is #CUREXFSS2018.
The Summer School will also include special training on:
– Project cycle management
– Xylella multi-language terminology
– Women’s entrepreneurship
Plant Pathologists, Entomologists, Phytosanitary Inspectors and Risk Managers dealing with plant diseases.
No of Participants
Up to 25: priority will be given to participants seconded from CURE-XF Partner Institutions, but participation of trainees external to the Consortium will be welcome.
The course will take place from 10 September to 17 October 2017 mainly at CIHEAM Bari and at the premises of the four organizing partners, according to the activities to be carried out.
Registration will be free of charge for all participants.
Travel, board and lodging costs of the CURE-XF seconded staff participating in the school will be covered by the project according to the H2020-MSCA-RISE-2016 rules.
Participants not coming from the CURE-XF Consortium will have to cover their own travel costs and board & lodging expenses.
The application deadline is 15 July 2018: complete applications must be sent through this link: https://goo.gl/9WKqW7
Selected candidates will be announced by the end of July.
For more detailed information, please contact Silvia Centonze (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications should include:
• Application form (https://goo.gl/9WKqW7);
• Short Curriculum vitae;
• Motivation letter for participating in the international summer school, which should indicate the academic/professional status of the applicant;
• Reference letter from the applicant’s supervisor or employer;
• financial support justification (only for participants not coming from the CURE-XF Consortium).