- This event has passed.
European Research on Emerging Plant Diseases | 2nd Joint Annual Meeting
23 October 2018 @ 9:00 - 26 October 2018 @ 17:00
European Research on Emerging Plant Diseases | Valencia, 23-26 October 2018.
The Annual Meeting of the POnTE and XF-ACTORS Projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, will take place in Valencia, Spain from 23 to 26 October 2018, co-organized by the Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias (IVIA), Generalitat Valenciana.
The Meeting will be dedicated to the presentation of the latest scientific results gathered within the framework of both European H2020 projects targetting emerging plant diseases.
The program consists of three main sessions with the following topics:
- PATHOGENS OF FORESTRY
- CANDIDATUS LIBERIBACTER SOLANACEARUM
- XYLELLA FASTIDIOSA
- Xylella fastidiosa – Vectors
- Xylella fastidiosa – Sampling, detection and remote sensing
- Xylella fastidiosa – Control of Xylella fastidiosa
- Xylella fastidiosa – Modelling and risk assessment
- Xylella fastidiosa – Insights into the genetics of Xylella fastidiosa and host-pathogen interactions
- Xylella fastidiosa – Plant health and risk management.
Apart from the aforementioned sessions, two parallel sessions will be organized – Workshop on Risk modelling studies in POnTE and XF-ACTORS to assist risk management in the EU and Quality assurance and VSPP: a proposed scheme for the certification of plant propagating materials.
The active participation of plant health inspectors, nurserymen and stakeholders is foreseen for the success of both workshops.
In addition, an open discussion will be dedicated to the topic “Control of X. fastidiosa vectors”, one of the key aspects for the management of X. fastidiosa.
We want to thank all the participants and we are looking forward to meeting you in Valencia.
The agenda of the Meeting can be downloaded here [.pdf – 460 KB].