The results of an official inter-ministerial joint mission, to gather information on the situation of Xylella fastidiosa and the implications for the transition of Corsica from eradication measures to containment measures, have been published by the French Ministry of Agriculture.
The inter-ministerial delegations visited the affected area in Corsica, Spain and Italy, organized several meetings and interviews with local researchers and stakeholders, to exchange views and experience.
The mission underlines that the change in the regulatory framework for Corsica is an opportunity for all the parties concerned, as it offers the opportunity to implement collectively the application of the phytosanitary measures through the following actions on:
- Promoting the sharing of the scientific knowledge
- Supporting applied research programs addressing important questions for the management of the infections and to reduce the risk of further spread
- Implementation of the diagnostic tools to be suitable for the accurate detection of the bacterium into a wide range of plant matrices
- Implementing the surveillance program to reduce the risk of introduction of genetically different strains
- The revision of the restrictions imposed in the demarcated aerea
- Implementation of effective communication actions
The report provides important information for the policy makers, local Authorities and risk managers.
Find the report in our legislation section or read/download it via the French Ministry of Agriculture web site. [.pdf | 8,6 MB]